A little lovin' in the afternoon...
I went to a temp agency this afternoon, with the understanding that I am NOT looking for a temp position. They do offer temp to hire positions, so maybe this will work out. Luckily enough, the girl who interviewed me had lost her job due to downsizing last year--unluckily (for me) she was out of a job for four months before she got where she is now. But, she was able to sympathize with me and understood my need to be doing things--as I am climbing the damn walls.
I think it went well--she called two of the other recruiters in and they all have jobs that they are going to send my resume over to.
Now, there is always bad news isn't there..lol
She needed managerial references and because I was with that godforsaken job for five years, the only one I could give her was my immediate. So, she needed another--had to give her Mark's name. Now, I don't imagine that he'll give me a bad reference, but you never can tell how assholes are going to be---that is relaxed (feeling nice and helpful) or clenched (being a real prick).
We'll see.
xoxox

<< Home